Since 2011, Sadhana has been working towards building a progressive Hindu movement in the New York City area, nationally, and beyond. We practice our sadhana, or faith in action, by advocating for those social justice principles we believe are at the heart of Hinduism.
Sadhana is a coalition of Hindus worldwide wanting to assert a progressive Hindu voice into the public discourse of our times. Sadhana is a mechanism and a platform for progressive Hindus to speak up and act for progressive social values and social justice.
WHAT We've DONE
- Open dialogues at local college campuses
- Outreach to Hindu temples, organizations, and interfaith associations to promote progressive Hinduism
- Grassroots advocacy for environmental justice via beach cleanups
- Healthy Relationships workshops to address gender-based violence and issues of gender equity
- Opinion pieces and statements on what it means to be a progressive Hindu in practice
- Statements against acts of injustice locally, nationally, and internationally, particularly those in the name of religion
- Speaking engagements and organized events of social, political, and economic relevance